Fourslide Machine Setup Person
Southington Tool is looking for a fourslide setup person with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
Primary duties are setup and operation of tools, material feeders, adjust and troubleshoot in #00 through #3 fourslide machines. Ability to perform general maintenance (sharpening) of progressive and secondary dies using Toolroom equipment a plus.
Other essential knowledge, abilities and duties:
- Must practice safe operating techniques of fourslide equipment.
- Must have basic tools used for setting up fourslide machines.
- Load and unload material, scrap metal and parts
- Must be able to read and interpret part drawings.
- Move or lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
- Read and understand work orders and setup instructions
- Understand technical operating, service or repair manuals
- Examine and or measure products or work to verify conformance to specifications using precision measuring tools or equipment
- Recognize characteristics of various metals
- Maintain a clean work area including equipment and departmental area
- Ability to monitor production equipment to detect and identify problems
- Able to plan and organize his or her own work
- Create setup sheets for new jobs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.