Power Press Setup & Operator
- Setup dies in power press machinery as directed by supervisor and qualify the product.
- Submit parts to Quality Assurance for First Piece Inspection after each setup; get power press ready for production.
- Use lifting devices per safety standards to load coils on press machinery, and operate presses as directed by supervisor.
- When supervisor requests your help, provide operators with job familiarity and instructions for safe setup and safe operation of presses. Provide operators with all supplies needed to run their jobs.
- Inspect parts as per blueprint specifications, and complete inspection/traveler paperwork.
- Report all problems with setups, production or otherwise directly to your supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment in the Power Press Department. (Sweep floors, clean workbench tops, etc.)
- Assemble and unassemble die sets under toolmaker supervision
- Always looking for improvements for the department and your job and bring to your supervisor attention for approval and implementation.
- Maintain tooling with light sharpenings as directed by supervisor.
- Perform maintenance on department equipment
Essential Requirements to Do This Job
- Must be able to read blueprints. Must be able to use measuring devices such as optical comparators, micrometers, calipers. etc.
- Must have ability to setup power press and related machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must have 5+ years experience in power press setup environment.
- Position requires walking, pulling, pushing and lifting up to 70 lbs., and standing for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.