Quality Assurance Inspector/Technician
- Quality Inspection of mechanical components and sub-assemblies
- Create inspection methods including programming OGP Smartscope and Keyence IM machines.
- Conducts the First Article, in-process, in-coming and final inspections
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and inspection forms.
- Initiates process for Nonconforming Material
- Operates under guidance of ISO 9001 and 13485 Quality Management System
- Assists in effective resolution and root cause analysis and initiates CAPAs
- Performs internal audits as required.
Works in team environment
- Knowledge of mechanical inspection including proficiency in the use of manual and visual inspection equipment; e.g. calipers, go/no-go gages, micrometers, digital indicators, surface plates, optical comparators, microscopes, OGP Smartscope and Keyence IM machines.
- Requires personal computing skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Access, Outlook, Word and SPC/statistical applications
- Understanding of ISO 9001/13485 or similar Quality Management System including auditing methods
- Knowledge of advanced quality techniques, e.g. SPC, Capability Study, Quality sampling plans , Root Cause Analysis , Pareto, PFMEA, PPAP, and GR&R
- Working knowledge of Corrective and Preventive Action systems using 8D methodologies or other analysis tools.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints, specifications including GD&T
- Self-motivated, works well as a member of team
- Good communication skills
- Excellent work ethics, personal integrity, works well without supervision
- Self-starter and able to adopt to new challenges and changing requirements
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Requires 2 year associates or technical degree or equivalent related job experience in a similar industry.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing / quality environment as Quality Inspector or other related field.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.